Saturday, May 09, 2009

SPECIAL MOMS ...



Mother's Day have always been a big event for everybody and I dont blame them. For people close to me, they all know that my mom and I are like oil and water but over the years i have mellowed down especially when i became a mom as well. True, there's nothing like being a mom.... you have to be strong to overcome the challenges , yet you have to be gentle to show how much you love your offspring. Being a Mom is a full time job, no subs, no overtime pays or no VL but none the less, its the most rewarding job of all.

In my 36 years of existence, i am lucky enough to be touched by my "Special Moms" who have helped me become what I am today. These are the mothers who were there to guide me when I felt down and lost and never left my side.... and I offer this special day to them....

NANAY HERMIE AXALAN....
Who saw me grow up literally and figuratively along with her daughter, Ate Paz. Their family easily welcomed me in their household when i had problems in the homefront and when i came to their daughter crying in black and blue... (God that was almost 20 years ago!) I stayed with them for almost a month free of charge and later on moved to their apartments and still consider this abode my home for almost a decade now. Nanay have always been very understanding and supportive. To Nanay, thank you for giving me a home to stay with ...


TITA A
My Mother, My mentor.... i wouldn't have fulfilled my dream in seeing my name in the screen without the help of this remarkable lady. The Gabriella Silang of ABS CBN, she is always there whenever you need someone to lean on and need some sense to put in your head. Although she has her own battles to fight on her own, just call or text her and she'll always be there to be your "resbak". My discipline and writing skills are honed by this great writer and i thank her that.... nevermind the long and gruelling brainstorming sessions in her attic, the never ending arguements and crying sessions.... in the end it paid off. And although i am no longer active in the writing scene.... i still proud and happy that i grew up under her wing.

MS SHAI
This is my cool Mom and Mentor. Ms Shai's gentle and loving ways have touched my heart and my life deeply. Just like Tita A, what i am right now as a Writer and as a person is a fushion of their influence and loving ways. My five year stint with ABS was full hardwork, laughter and happy memories because of these wonderful moms.

ATE ELLEN ...
My First EP.... unlike the Ms Shai and Tita A, Ate Ellen is the quiet and gentle Mom every daughter would love to have. Ever patient and understanding, she'll just smile or give out a gentle laughter when she's happy , or cry a tear or two whenever things dont go as planned. I've worked with her for almost 4 years in different shows and i have witnessed how loving and care Mom she is to her three beautiful daughters... I know Ate Ellen is going through a though time right now and i'm always saying a special prayer for her. I hope she'll have the best Mother's Day Celebration today because she truly Deserves it.

ATE SONIA CRISOSTOMO
One remarkable friend/lady i have known and i will be forever grateful for her overflowing love and generosity. She is always there for me during our struggling days as a writer. Through thick and thin, she was there. I just hope she's okay and i truly miss her.

TITA NILS
Although technically, she isn't a mom (yet !) but she's been like a mother to me and to all her pamangkins during our growing up years. She's the cool and understanding mom i had during my growing up years :)


ATE PAZ
My dear sister, friend, confidante, partner in crime (hehehe) .... technically now that she's a mom too, this day is also dedicated to you. I love you Ate Paz, and i'm looking forward to seeing you again so we can talk and have coffee until the wee hours of the morning.




No comments: