Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back To School

In the midst of our legal battle, our lawyer Rene (a good friend of my brothers ) have inspired me to consider taking up law especially when he commented " I should pursue law bec I can be one hell of lawyer".

Taking up law is one of my frustrations.... being a daddy's girl of one of the great corporate lawyers Philippines has ever had (daddy was former sec chairman during my highschool .days) I've imagined following his footsteps but along the way i got sidetracked and pursued writing instead. From time to time this idea crossed my mind but i usually brush it off because i need to earn a bachelor's degree first before i could step into the halls of college of law. So that would mean another year or two in college. And to make things more complicated, it was 14 years ago when i graduated from Miriam with an Associate Degree so i do need a lot of catching up to do.

Yesterday while browsing thru the net i toyed with the idea of going back to school thru open university and started doing research, and luckily came across with PUP's open university program. I wasted no time and gave them a call and guess what, i'm scheduled for an interview next week to evaluate my credentials. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i can go back to school soon and who knows, a couple of years from now, i'll be signing off with a prefixed/title "ATTY before my name to boast!

No comments: