Saturday, November 08, 2008

Little Miracles

From time to time we experience Little Miracles that touch our lives. It can come in a simple phone call, a simple hi or a simple gesture.... It doesnt have to be grand or something earth shaking.... just something that will somehow wake up your senses and touch your heart...

Little Miracle 01

For the past two weeks, i worked on a very early shift... Have to wake up by 4am, leave the house at 5am so i can be at the office by 6am. Most of time, waking up is the problem, and what pains me most is leaving Julia and Benjie still sound asleep in the comforts of our bed while i had to drag myself to work... As i walk towards the terminal, i would usually pass by my neighbor's house whose helpers would be cleaning their cars as early as 5am. The catch here is as pass by they would warmly greet me "good morning" even if they dont know me. Imagine, two young helpers working before the sun rises and ready to give a smile to strangers. I suddenly felt so little because here i am probably earning thrice as what they're getting, complaining to my boss how difficult it is to report for work early in the morning when some people are already on their feet and smiling !!!!


Little Miracle #02

We have been battling a legal case against Benjie's former employers... nope the case is not yet over, and worse, to get back at us, they filed a case against Benjie for Intriguing Against Honor ( yup, there's such a case !!!) . So to help us clear Benjie's name
we tried to get documentation from Smart Communication but we got declined because they dont issue out extractions of SMS without a court order. We are disappointed because we were requesting for said docs so we can file a motion to quash the said case. I tried to call some friends who somehow would have a connection inside smart to help us sort things out with the legal department. Here's the miracle.... the other night, out of the blue, my former publisher called me after almost two years of silence to discuss a concept i have for a new book. In the course of our conversation, he mentioned Smart Communications and from there I picked up the queue... Lo and behold, he somehow knows someone inside who, God willing, might be able to help us get said documents. Well its still a long shot from here but i am really amazed on how God's hand works. Imagine, its been years since i havent touched based with my publisher and just when I needed someone to help us out, He sends someone to give us hope in our case.

Little Miracle #03

My bestfriend got married two months ago and since she got married at the age of 35, everybody was asking her and pressuring her to conceive. Now not everybody knows that almost a decade ago, she underwent an operation due to an ovarian mass. It wasnt malignant or something but her OB Gyn Sister insisted on taking out the ovary before it can lead to bigger problems. So at mid 20's she was left with just one ovary. Now with just one ovary, we know its not impossible to conceive however, it may be more difficult compared to others. But this wasnt the case for Mayeeh because last night I heard the good news that she's now on the family way. This indeed is not just a little Miracle but a Special One to celebrate and be thankful for.

Now what have I learned from all these miracles ? No matter how difficult and rough the roads i may be trekking right now, there is always a reason for me to smile because the Lord continues to shower me with his Blessings and Little Miracles to ponder ! :)

No comments: