Monday, March 28, 2016

Goodbye Nanu....



Since last Monday,  I couldn't seem to shake you off my  mind...  The moment I learned about your passing away,  memories of our younger years kept coming back... With you around, it's always non-stop chicka about life and love.  I remember the time I visited you  in the hospital during your college days ...  You told me about an unlikely incident where your ex and your current flame both in the same room with you :) . The last time I saw you,  we were by the church driveway,  you were just on your way out after hearing mass. You told me about graduating from CRC and went to  Ateneo Law School to apply but the staff  refused to give you an application form and told you to ask your mom to get a form for herself instead. It took awhile before you were able to convince that staff that you're old enough to attend Law School.  And though i haven't seen you in decades,  i know the bond of friendship we shared never changed.

When  I spoke to Phoebe and learned that you were in pain all through out your ordeal,  i couldn't help but feel sad. Just like an Ate,  I wish you were spared from the pain this highfalutin disease brings. But all these are gone now... you're in a better place, rejoicing in Heaven with the Big Boss. I bet  you're having a grand time debating with the Angels about life here on earth.

Your last night  with us brought back old friends together... Just like the good old days circa 1990's... It was nice seeing familiar faces again.. Jappy, Ems, Ned, Ryan and Ian...  People I haven't seen for more than 2 decades.  Although it wasn't a happy occasion,  at least you gave us a reason to smile as we bid you goodbye.

So this is it, Nanu...  Time to let go and say goodbye.  Thank you for the friendship and the wonderful memories...  I know someday we'll see each other again and make non-stop Chicka!

Until then My Little Nanu.....  



No comments: