Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Good News and Not so Good News!

Today was a day of news and ironies. Out of the blue, received a message from GMA  Staff that  my much  awaited contract  is ready for pick-up/signing. I feel so blessed because finally I could feel the much needed security in my writing career. Since I started  more than a decade ago, this is the first time a network offered me an exclusive contract. This means  I don't have to be stressed out with my finances because I will be getting a retainer's fee. I am so overwhelmed because now I can secure Julia's tuition fees and other expenses. I can even save up money for the future which i have been desperately trying to do but can't seem to succeed.  But more than the financial side, I am so overwhelmed with the trust GMA Management have given me despite my tenureship (8 months since I joined the network). I couldn't help but compare how my former network, ABS-CBN treated me. I was with them  for a long  time but they never  gave me this recognition even  after the long years of service and loyalty. I am really grateful for the opportunity and blessing, GMA has given me.

But my happiness was short lived when I learned that I have no salary for this payout.  Meaning no income to tide me over just when I have bills to pay and  obligations to meet. Now I have to go back to borrowing money from  people just to survive until the next payday. Well, looking at the brighter side, it's not something major  that  i have to  hurdle. Yes this will require  tightening my belt   for  a couple of weeks but we've been thru worse and I'm sure we'll overcome this one just like the previous challenges.

At the end of the day I am still grateful for the Big Blessings from GMA and for the people  who continue to help us to tide things  over. I am still lucky and blessed  despite the drawbacks. And I know these  shortcomings  are/ just nuggets that adds to the sparkle and  glitters of  wonderful  blessings from above!

No comments: